What is an Internet PersonaSM?
An Internet PersonaSM - or IPSM - is a standard, secure, reusable, managed, low cost and anonymous credential that can be used to logon to multiple different web sites. A bit more detail is explained below:
- Credential - An Internet PersonaSM replaces both a UserID & Password. It combines them both into a single credential.
- Anonymous - An Internet PersonaSM contains an identity, but it does NOT have to be a real, legal identity. It can be anything the Subscriber wants it to be - their real name, a short name or a pseudonym.
- Reusable - A single Internet PersonaSM can be used across multiple Web sites securely without any issue or risk.
- Managed - Internet PersonasSM are actively managed by either the Subscriber or their sponsor. A Subscriber can see all their logon activity and revoke and replace their IPSM as needed. Businesses sponsor credentials for their employees and manage them on their behalf - including revoking them when the employee leaves the firm.
- Low Cost - Internet PersonasSM are a low cost solution to the problems with passwords, which have many risks and hidden costs.
- Virtual - Internet PersonasSM are virtual and reside on the computer, mobile phone or tablet used by the Subscriber. They can also roam securely within a corporate environment.
- Secure - Internet PersonasSM are hard to steal, hard to share, used from a trusted computer and combat phishing. Can't be much more secure than that.